Registrations are now being accepted for the Summer 2023 eFellows Online Teaching Certificate course. This four-week course is taught fully online in SC State University’s Blackboard system and examines best practices in online pedagogy. The following topics are covered:
- An Overview of Online Teaching
- Active Learning in the Online Classroom
- Social Presence, Interactivity and Communications
- Managing Student Issues
- Teaching Online @ SC State: Policies, Procedures, Practices
Start Date: June 5, 2023
End Date: July 3, 2023
The deadline for registration is COB June 02, 2023.
Registration Instructions: Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org to include your name, academic department, SCSU email, and SCSU phone number. The subject line should indicate Summer 2023 eFellows registration. Because this is a summer course, registrants must complete the course participation agreement form (see attachment). Please complete this form electronically and attach it to your registration email.
Participants should know how to perform the following tasks prior to starting the course:
• Log into SC State’s Blackboard system
• Read and send email messages
• Download and save documents from Blackboard to a local computer
• Complete a multiple-choice quiz
• Upload files using the Blackboard Assignment Tool
• Post comments to the Blackboard Discussion Forum
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The eFellows course does not prepare faculty to build an online or hybrid course in Blackboard. eFellows focuses exclusively on best practices in online pedagogy.