Learn online today!
The library faculty and staff welcomes online students to the Miller F. Whittaker Library. The library faculty and staff is comprised of professional librarians, including the Dean of Library and Information Services, and support staff members to assist students with academic and research needs. The library offers a number of programs and services designed to meet the expressed and potential needs of online learners.
The Assessment Center provides a proctored environment and services for the administration of course tests, common exams, and institutional requirements via e-learning technology (Blackboard™). The Assessment Center is located on the third floor of Belcher Hall.
Assessment Center Rules and Regulations
- Students are expected to be courteous at all times.
- Display a valid picture ID (SCSU ID, driver’s license, military ID, passport, or other state or federal government issued ID card – or students may come to the Assessment Center accompanied by an instructor who verifies the student’s identity) upon signing in.
- Students must provide the course name and number and the instructor’s name for each test they take upon signing in.
- Prohibited items in the testing center include cellular phones, or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats, bags, coats, food or drinks. Lockers are available to store small personal items such as keys, wallets, cell phones, watches, headphones, etc.
- Books and book bags are not allowed in the assessment center and may be place in an unsecured, designated area outside the assessment center. The assessment center is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced personal items.
- No notes, books, dictionaries, or calculators are allowed in the testing room unless specified on the Test Cover Sheet submitted by your instructor.
- Scratch pads/markers will be provided if specified on the Test Cover Sheet submitted by your instructor.
- If you do not adhere to the rules listed about, if you tamper with the computer or if you are suspected of cheating, appropriate action will be taken. This may include invalidation of your assessment results.