Student ResourcesAssessment Center
Located on the third floor of Belcher Hall, The Assessment Center provides a proctored environment and services for the administration of course tests, common exams, and institutional requirements via e-learning technology (Blackboard™).
Scheduling the use of the Assessment Center to proctor an exam is as easy as 1-2-3. Follow the steps below to schedule a proctored exam.
Note: Use of the Assessment Center to administer a proctored exam is a service option available to faculty. Faculty may certainly proctor their exams inside their classrooms if desired. Contact Ms. Sharon Conelly, Assessment Center supervisor if you have any questions. Sgoodw2@scsu.edu
Step 1: Complete the Test Cover Sheet
There is a limited number of student computer station in the Assessment Center and hundreds of students for whom exams must be proctored. Therefore, all proctored exams must be scheduled in advance to accommodate requests. To schedule a proctored exam, complete the Test Cover Sheet and email a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Receive Confirmation of Scheduled Exam
This is the most important step. Faculty must wait until the Assessment Center staff notifies the instructor that the requested exam date and time has been confirmed before notifying students in the class. Please do not send students to the Assessment Center for a proctored exam without being notified that your requested exam date and time have been confirmed.
Step 3: Review Rules and Regulations with students
Be sure to have students in your classes review the rules and regulations for using the Assessment Center which can be found Below
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, capacity in the center is further restricted. Instructors should include a cell or telephone number by which you can be reached on the date of your exam in the event the Assessment Center staff must contact you for an urgent matter. Testing slots in the Assessment Center fill quickly during peak demand periods!
For more information, contact:
Ms. Sharon Conelly, M.S.
Online Student Services Manage
Center for Online and Distance Education
Belcher Hall Suite 346
South Carolina State University
Assessment Center Rules and Regulations
- Students are expected to be courteous at all times.
- Display a valid picture ID (SCSU ID, driver’s license, military ID, passport, or other state or federal government issued ID card – or students may come to the Assessment Center accompanied by an instructor who verifies the student’s identity) upon signing in.
- Students must provide the course name and number and the instructor’s name for each test they take upon signing in.
- Prohibited items in the testing center include cellular phones, or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats, bags, coats, food or drinks. Lockers are available to store small personal items such as keys, wallets, cell phones, watches, headphones, etc.
- Books and book bags are not allowed in the assessment center and may be place in an unsecured, designated area outside the assessment center. The assessment center is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced personal items.
- No notes, books, dictionaries, or calculators are allowed in the testing room unless specified on the Test Cover Sheet submitted by your instructor.
- Scratch pads/markers will be provided if specified on the Test Cover Sheet submitted by your instructor.
- If you do not adhere to the rules listed about, if you tamper with the computer or if you are suspected of cheating, appropriate action will be taken. This may include invalidation of your assessment results.