- This event has passed.
eFellows: An Introduction to Online Teaching (3 weeks)
February 1 - February 22
Delivery: Online Self-Paced Course
Presenter: Dr. Theresa Butori
Course Dates: February 1 – 22, 2022
Course Registration: Complete the Pre-registration form
Registration Deadline: January 21, 2022, 5pm EST
This self-paced course serves as a foundation for online teaching at South Carolina State University for both full-time faculty and part-time instructors. Self-paced means that there is not an instructor leading the course. The course focuses on various pedagogical aspects of online instruction with a special emphasis on online teaching at the post-secondary level. The Introduction to Online Teaching course is a companion to the Advanced Online Teaching course which faculty should consider enrolling in after completion of this class.
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the critical skills and knowledge for effective online teaching.
- Identify strategies to engage students in the online learning experience.
- Identify resources, policies, and procedures relative to teaching online at SC State University.
- Log into SC State’s Blackboard system
- Read and send email messages
- Download and save documents from Blackboard to a local computer
- Complete Online Content Development Lab